As a Lead Engineer Mechanical you are responsible for developing engineering solutions for the company products, technologies, production processes, installation and equipment in the field of machinery and piping. Furthermore you functionally lead and coordinate a team of engineers in the preparation and realization of project deliverables in accordance with customer requirements, technical and operational guidelines.
The daily tasks include:
• You will functionally lead, coach and develop employees of the team and appraise or give input to appraisal when applicable.
• You will give technical advice in tenders and potential issues, barriers or gaps related to production and discipline to provide input on production approach, sequence and budget implications.
• You will identify and evaluate bottlenecks in processes, installations and equipment and make suggestions for improvement and ensure and monitor implementation after approval;
• You will analyze and assess customer requirements related to products and processes (materials, process, quality, product specifications) and perform initial opportunity and risk analyses;
• You will examine the processed drawings on consistency with specifications, missing information, readability and user friendliness. Where needed, you adjust or elaborate the documents and system information and provide input for detail plan for machinery and piping. If applicable you calculate weight and relevant technical details, and determine specifications for work to be outsourced;
• You will revise the basic engineering package based on non-conformities, own insight or directions by others and where needed discuss with other Lead Engineers and relevant stakeholders;
• You will document activities performed on processes, installations and equipment and provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical and ad hoc reports or analyses.
Who we are looking for:
• Bsc or Msc Mechanical Engineering / Naval Architecture.
• At least 2 years of experience as a Lead Mechanical Engineer in the shipbuilding industry.
• Experienced user of advanced software.
• Excellent command of the English language.
• Willing to relocate to the Netherlands but we strongly prefer Mechanical Engineers already living in the Netherlands.
What you can expect from us:
• Great international working environment.
• Competitive salary.
• All other facilities needed to perform the job.
How to Apply:
Are you the Mechanical Engineer that we are looking for? Apply directly for this job and send your CV and a short motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our client is a leading company in the development of special equipment for the offshore and the shipbuilding industries. The company is based in the Netherland but it operates worldwide. They are a reliable supplier because of their extensive experience in the innovation technology world. Their employees are highly trained and experienced. Our client offers a great international working environment. U-People has a strong relationship with the company for many year’s. They consult us to staff up high qualified technical teams for their projects worldwide.
Lead Engineer Mechanical, Shipbuilding, Offshore, Lead Engineer Machinery & Piping, Lead Piping Engineer, Lead Engineer Machinery, Vacancy Lead Mechanical Engineer, Vacature Mechanical Engineer, Lead Engineer Offshore Systems.