Would you like to work on innovative Shipbuilding design projects? Do you have experience in concept or basic engineering? If so, please have a look at this position! We are looking for experienced Lead Engineers who are able to lead a group of 5 engineers preparing mechanical engineering for complex ships.
As a Lead Shipbuilding Engineer, you will design, develop and analyse hulls and structures for big offshore vessels. You will develop shipbuilding designs according to customer requirements and taking into account the standards of the company related to quality, safety, sustainability and efficiency of installations and equipment. You will be working within the Shipbuilding Group, based in the area of Rotterdam, where you will lead a group of 5 basic design engineers.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Leading a small group of engineers and check their daily work.
- Studying technical requirements from the customer related to products, quality and materials.
- Preparing 3D models of new ships based on technical specifications.
- Doing a detailed plan of hull engineering and determining work that has to be outsourced.
- Performing naval calculations, occasionally.
- Supporting the aftersales department on technical questions.
- Identifying bottlenecks in the process and making improvement suggestions.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who has experience in the Shipbuilding industry, preferably having experience in the design of big vessels. Having experience in basic engineering is essential. Strong communication and analytical skills are important for this role. Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- Having at least a MSc in Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture or similar.
- Having at least 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Having experience leading groups of engineers.
- Speaking English fluently.
- Experience in AutoCAD, NX or Nupas.
- Already living in the Netherlands.
- Having a driving license.
What we offer:
This is not a projected-based position, so the company will invest in you and in your personal & professional development. You will get assistance in relocating to the Netherlands and we will help you with bureaucratic and tax related issues. The base salary for this position depends on your experience and capabilities, being up to 5.400€ gross per month.
Where you will work:
Our client is a leading company in the development of special equipment for the offshore and the shipbuilding industries. The company is based in the Netherland but it operates worldwide. They are a reliable supplier because of their extensive experience in the innovation technology world. Their employees are highly trained and experienced. Our client offers a great international working environment.
Start the recruitment process:
Are you the Lead Shipbuilding Engineer that we are looking for? If so, please get in contact with me. You can reach me by calling +31 186 626259 or sending me an e-mail to email@example.com. If you are sure that you are the person we are looking for, please send your CV and a short motivation letter to my e-mail address. Your details will be treated confidentially.
Leading Shipbuilding engineer, naval engineer, senior shipbuilding engineer, hull engineer, concept designer, basic designer, basic design shipbuilding, Lead engineer, naval engineer, mechanical engineer shipbuilding, ship designer, design engineer mechanical designer, Lead structural engineer, Lead naval architect, senior naval architect, engineer offshore, Lead dredgers engineer, shipbuilding design, basic engineering, Lead shipbuilding engineering.