Would you like to work on innovative Shipbuilding design projects? Do you have experience in concept or basic engineering? If so, please have a look at this position! We are looking for experienced engineers who are able to prepare accurate design packages for customized vessels.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will design, develop and analyse equipment and piping for big offshore vessels. You will develop designs for new technologies, installations and equipment according to customer requirements and taking into account the standards of the company related to quality, safety, sustainability and efficiency of installations and equipment. You will be working within the Shipbuilding Group, based in the area of Rotterdam.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Studying technical requirements from the customer related to products, quality and materials.
- Preparing 3D models of mechanical equipment based on technical specifications.
- Doing a detailed plan of Machinery and Piping engineering and determining work that has to be outsourced.
- Performing weight calculations for equipment.
- Discussing technical drawings (basic engineering) with the Lead Engineer and other stakeholders.
- Supporting the aftersales department on technical questions.
- Identifying bottlenecks in the process and making improvement suggestions.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who has experience in the Shipbuilding industry, preferably having experience in the design of big vessels. Having experience in basic engineering is essential. Strong communication and analytical skills are important for this role. Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- Having at least a MSc in Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture or similar.
- Having at least 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Speaking English fluently.
- Experience in SolidEdge and NX.
- Already living in the Netherlands.
- Having a driving license.
What we offer:
This is not a projected-based position, so the company will invest in you and in your personal & professional development. You will get assistance in relocating to the Netherlands and we will help you with bureaucratic and tax related issues. The base salary for this position depends on your experience and capabilities, being up to 4.400€ gross per month.
Where you will work:
Our client is a leading company in the development of special equipment for the offshore and the shipbuilding industries. The company is based in the Netherland but it operates worldwide. They are a reliable supplier because of their extensive experience in the innovation technology world. Their employees are highly trained and experienced. Our client offers a great international working environment.
Start the recruitment process:
Are you the Mechanical Engineer that we are looking for? If so, please get in contact with me. You can reach me by calling +31 186 626259 or sending me an e-mail to email@example.com. If you are sure that you are the person we are looking for, please send your CV and a short motivation letter to my e-mail address. Your details will be treated confidentially.
Shipbuilding engineer, mechanical engineer, piping engineer, propulsion engineer, naval engineer, mechanical engineer shipbuilding, machinery engineer, machinery and piping, shipbuilding designer, design engineer mechanical designer, engineer, engineer offshore, dredgers engineer, shipbuilding design, machinery engineering design, basic engineering, shipbuilding engineering.