Are you a Naval Engineer and you have experience as a Project Manager? Do you have a strong affinity for Shipbuilding and you are willing to travel to different regions of the world? Then this is your job!
In this role you will be responsible for managing complex engineering projects for new yachts, specifically in the shipbuilding area. You will be the main contact between clients, classification societies, the engineering team and subcontractors in relation to engineering.
It is expected of you that you are on board of the ship at the time of the trials.
Your main tasks will be:
- Planning and estimating the necessary engineering work.
- Managing and supervising of the Engineering team. These are both lead and junior engineers.
- Managing the subcontractors for engineering work for both basic and detail design.
- Connect with customers i.r.t. the engineering specifications.
- Connect with classification societies for the approval processes.
- Responsible for documentation transfer to the production / performance.
- Monitoring of engineering in the areas of budget, planning and progress.
- Organize assessment moments and provide a good team spirit.
Who are we looking for:
For this position we are looking for a Naval Architect or Naval Engineer with experience as a Project Manager for complex engineering projects. For example, for yachts or in the offshore industry.
Furthermore, we expect the following:
- At least a Bachelor degree in Naval Engineering and Maritime Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a Project Management role for engineering projects.
- You are a team player. This is one of the main requirements.
- The Dutch and English languages do you speak fluently.
- Willingness to travel to work on possible projects.
- Do you have experience with Nupas - Cadmatic software.
- Do you speak a third language in addition to Dutch and English.
What we offer:
We are looking for someone who wants to work on a permanent contract for our client. There will also be investment in your personal development. The starting salary for this position is dependent on your knowledge and experience. The salary will be up to around € 70K gross per year.
Where are you going to work:
Our client is among the top 10 engineering companies in the Netherlands, with a strong passion for technology. They are specialized in the development of projects within the Maritime and Offshore Shipbuilding. The company is going through a continual period of growth and is always interested in highly skilled Engineers. Last but not least, the company presents a great working environment.
Project Engineering Manager, Project Manager Engineering Shipbuilding, Naval Architect, Project Manager, Engineering Projects, Naval Engineer, Project Manager Shipbuilding Engineering, Project Engineering Manager Shipbuilding, Vacancy Project Manager Job Project Manager Engineering, Ice Class, Project Manager Shipbuilding.