Would you like to manage complex new Shipbuilding projects? Do you have experience with Ice Class Ships? If so, you just found your next career step! We are looking for experienced professionals able to manage full project and bringing in the Ice Class know-how.
As a Project Manager, you are responsible for the planning, the quality and the budget of shipbuilding projects that will be built in international locations. Specifically, you will manage Ice Breaker projects, which can be in the form of big offshore vessels or big mega yachts. Working within the Project Management Office, you will schedule activities and manage projects internationally. Moreover, you will occasionally visit international sites from the company group and you will report to the Manager Projects.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Making a project plan together with other officers within the Project Management Department. This includes managing schedules, progress, quality and budget.
- Coordinating and supervising production processes, commissioning stages, sea trials and delivery of ships.
- Maintain and improve the quality of processes and sub processes within the engineering, procurement and construction of new ships.
- Supervise the project team members and guide assistant Project Managers.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who has a proven track record as a Project Manager for new building ships. The ideal candidate has experience with ice breakers or Ice Class ships. Strong communication and organizational skills are important for this role. Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- Having at least a MSc in Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture or similar.
- Having at least 5 years of relevant working experience.
- Speaking English fluently.
- Having an MBA.
- Counting on proven international working experience.
- Having experience in managing global projects.
What we offer:
This is not a projected-based position, so the company will invest in you and in your personal & professional development. You will be based in the Netherlands and occasionally travel to visit your client or supervise the progress of work, which costs will be covered. You will get assistance in relocating to the Netherlands and we will help you with bureaucratic and tax related issues. The base salary for this position can be up to 85.000€ gross per year. Freelancers are also welcome to apply.
Where you will work:
Our client is a leading company in the shipbuilding industry. The company’s headquarters is in The Netherlands, but it has shipyards all over the world. They design and build various types of ships and they are well-known by their high-quality products. Our client offers an international and professional working environment.
Start the recruitment process:
Are you the Project Manager that we are looking for? If so, please get in contact with me. You can reach me by calling +31 186 626259 or sending me an e-mail to email@example.com. If you are sure that you are the person we are looking for, please send your CV and a short motivation letter to my e-mail address. Your details will be treated confidentially.
Shipbuilding Project Manager, Ice Class Manager, Manager Shipbuilding, Project Manager Naval, Project Manager Scandinavia, project manager shipbuilding, project manager offshore, project manager vessels, project manager ice breaker, ice breaker project, management ice breaker, engineering manager Ice breaker.