Are you looking for a new step in your career? Are you graduated in (Naval) Engineering and are you willing to learn about customized (military) ships? We are looking for specification engineers for the mechanical systems of ships!
In this position you will write technical specifications of marine equipment related to mechanical and propulsion systems on board of vessels. You will gather technical information from different sources and you will describe and write technical specifications for (international) clients. You will support the engineering department during the whole project, including installation, commissioning and trial periods. This position is based in south of the Netherlands.
Specific duties in this role:
- Gathering information related to mechanical systems and propulsion systems on ships.
- Writing technical specifications based on inputs such as class rules, contract specs and company standards.
- Performing dimensioning and sizing calculations for systems on board of ships.
- Contacting suppliers to determine technical specifications.
- Evaluating offers coming from suppliers.
- Preparing purchasing orders together with the procurement department.
- Inspecting equipment coming from suppliers.
- Giving technical support to the installation, commissioning and trial phases of projects.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a graduate engineer who has some experience or a strong affinity with ships and the shipbuilding industry. The ideal candidate is communicative and is able to work as part of a team. Additionally, the following requirements should be met:
- Having a technical BSc or MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture or similar.
- Having a commercial insight and being cost-conscious.
- Being able to work independently with modern (design) software.
- Writing and speaking fluently in English.
- Being familiar with classification society rules.
- Having experience writing specifications.
- Living in the Netherlands.
What we offer:
This is not a project-based position, so the company will invest in you and your personal & professional development. You will get assistance in relocating to the Netherlands and we will help you with bureaucratic and tax related issues. You will receive a base salary according to your experience and capabilities, being around 2.700€ gross per month and working under a Dutch contract.
Where you will work:
Our client is a worldwide leading company designing and producing complex ships, including military ships and grey vessels. The company has shipyards all over the world and they present an international and professional working environment.
Start the recruitment process:
Are you the Specifications Engineer that we are looking for? If so, please get in contact with me. You can reach me by calling +31 186 626259 or sending me an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are sure that you are the person we are looking for, please send your CV and a short motivation letter to email@example.com. Your details will be treated confidentially.
Mechanical engineer, specifications engineer, writer, technical specifications, junior naval architect, junior engineer, engineer shipbuilding specifications, technical specifications writer, mechanical systems shipbuilding, mechanical engineer shipbuilding, marine propulsion systems.