In this challenging position, you will lead a group of designers and engineers, following the procedures of the company, preparing full engineering packages for the construction of new Yachts and Mega Yachts. You will report to the Engineering director and to the Project Leader Engineering. This position is based in the Netherlands.
Your daily tasks include:
• Collect and study relevant information for the engineering work (technical specifications, design drawings, norms and standards, etc.)
• Involved in the development and identify deviations of engineering planning /working hours.
• Responsible for the quality of the engineering work.
• Check and correct technical drawings, calculations, specifications and offers.
• Follow-up construction phase and make sure drawings are in accordance with production.
• Contact suppliers, subcontractors and other third parties involved in the projects.
• Cooperate with other engineering disciplines (interior, electrical, mechanical, etc.)
• Contribute in the improvement of working methods (ex: standardization for structures and systems).
Who we are looking for:
To be successful in this role we require the following requirements:
• BSc in Naval Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar.
• At least 5 years of relevant working experience within the shipbuilding or yacht industry.
• At least 2 years of experience in a leading role within the technical office.
• Experience managing full engineering projects is a big plus.
• Good command of the English language.
• Willing to relocate to the Netherlands.
How to Apply:
Are you the Lead Engineer that we are looking for? Apply directly for this job and send your English CV and a short motivation to email@example.com.
If you have any questions before your application please contact Andrea Vega at 0031 (0) 186626259 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our client is an international leader in the yachting industry. This relatively new organization puts quality at the top of its list in the field of engineering and delivery. Our client has an engineering department of about 60 employees. The company presents a pleasant working atmosphere.
U-People is an experienced Staffing and Recruitment agency of technical professionals on BSc and MSc level. We maintain valuable contacts with Naval Engineering and Shipbuilding companies in the Netherlands. For our clients we are continuously looking for Engineering professionals for long-term projects or permanent jobs within the shipbuilding industries.
Lead Engineer Shipbuilding, Lead Engineer yachts, yachtbuilding, Project Manager Engineering, team leader, hull, yacht construction, yacht engineering, mega yachts, vacancy yacht engineer, lead yacht engineer, shipbuilding lead engineer, lead naval engineer, naval yacht lead engineer, job lead engineer yachts.
What can you expect:
• Permanent position within a leading company in the Yacht industry.
• A perfect opportunity to grow and develop your professional career in the Netherlands.
• Great international working environment.